A mirchi vada unlike what you have had so far. Patti made with a khasta dough, that layer by layer encloses the stuffed chillies and after that deep fried to golden tasty goodness.
6-8 long bhavnagri chillies
1 1/2 cups refined flour (maida).
Salt to taste.
1/2 tsp carom seeds (ajwain).
2 tablespoons melted ghee.
1 cup Bengal gram (chana dal).
2 tablespoons oil.
1 tsp mustard seeds.
1 tsp cumin seeds.
1/4 tsp asafoetida (hing).
10-12 curry leaves.
5-6 garlic cloves, vertically sliced.
2-3 green chillies, slit and halved.
1/4 tsp turmeric powder.
1/2 tsp red chilli powder.
Salt to taste.
2 tbsps sliced fresh coriander leaves.
Corn flour slurry as needed.
Oil for deep frying.
Tomato catsup to serve.
1. Take refined flour in a large bowl. Add salt, carom seeds and melted ghee, mix and rub between your fingertips till the mix resembles breadcrumb consistency. Add 1/2 cup water, mix and knead to a stiff dough. Cover with a wet muslin cloth and reserve for 10-15 minutes.
2. To make the stuffing, dry roast Bengal gram in a non-stick pan till golden brown. Take the pan off the heat and enable to cool a little. Transfer into a blender jar and mix to a coarse powder.
3. Heat oil in a non-stick pan. Add mustard seeds and cumin seeds and blend well. Include asafoetida, curry leaves, garlic, and green chillies and sauté for 1 minute.
4. Add turmeric powder and red chilli powder and mix well. Include the mixed powder and mix well. Continually stir till the mixture turns golden brown.
5. Add 3 cups water and mix. Stir in the salt, mix, cover and cook for 10-12 minutes while stirring in between every few minutes.
6. Add coriander leaves and blend well. Take the pan off the heat and transfer the mix on to a plate and permit to cool.
7. Make a vertical slit on each chilli and dispose of the seeds. Generously stuff each chilli with the stuffing.
8. Dust the worktop with some refined flour, take a portion of the dough and shape it into a ball. Position it on the worktop and roll it into thin disc. Trim the sides to make a square and cut the square into strips. Wrap the green chillies with the strips and secure it with slurry.
9. Heat enough oil in a kadai. Carefully slide in a few covered green chillies and deep fry on medium heat till golden brown and crisp. Drain pipes on an absorbent paper.
10. Set up on a sering plate and serve hot with tomato ketchup.
Click to Subscribe:.
For more dishes:.
To get recipes on your Google or Alexa gadgets, click here:.
Best prepared in Wonderchef Kitchenware.
Buy Now on:.
#SanjeevKapoor #mirchivada #mirchivadarecipe #monsoonrecipes #monsoonspecialrecipe.
sanjeev kapoor, sanjeev kapoor dish, sanjeev kapoor dishes, khana khazana, chef sanjeev kapoor, khana khazana recipes, masterchef sanjeev kapoor, indian recipes, master chef, indian food, recipes, quick recipes, simple recipes, patti mirchi vada, mirchi vada, mirchi vada recipe, how to make mirchi vada, mirchi bada, mirchi bada dish, mirchi bhajiya, mirchi bhajiya dish, how to make mirchi vada in your home, monsoon recipes, monsoon recipe, bhajiya, vada, मिरची वड़ा.