Components for Mutton Curry:
( Tsp-Teaspoon; Tbsp-Tablespoon).
– Mutton– 1 kg (curry cut with fat and bones).
– Potatoes, medium sized, peeled & cut into 2- 4 (8 halves).
For the marination:.
– Curd-250 ml.
– Turmeric powder- 3/4 tsp.
– Red Chilli powder- 4 tsp.
– Coriander powder- 3 tsp.
– Garam Masala powder- 1.25 tsp.
– Ginger garlic paste-4 tsp.
– Khuskhus paste (Poppy Seeds Paste) – 4 tsp.
– Salt-2 tsp.
Other Active ingredients:.
– Sliced onions– 3 medium onions.
– Kashmiri Chilli powder- 2 tsp.
– Garam Masala powder- 1/4 tsp.
– Oil– 5 tablespoon.
– Salt for spices – a pinch.
– Clean & marinade the mutton pieces with the active ingredients for marination. Keep aside for around 1 hour.
– Fry the chopped onions in oil up until light brown in colour (birista ), remove & cool. Squash it gently with your hands.
– Peel the potatoes and cut into halves. Heat oil in a kadhai & drop the potatoes. Include 1/4 tsp salt and give a stir. Fry on medium heat for 10 mins till prepared. Remove and set aside on a plate.
– In a pressure cooker, heat oil and add the marinated mutton.
– Mix well & fry for 5 mins on high heat till the meat releases water.
– Continue to fry on medium heat for 5 more mins till oil separates.
– Now include the Kashmiri Chilli Powder and crushed Fried Onions (Birista), offer a mix and fry on medium heat for another 5 mins till the masala is cooked and oil separates.
– Add 300 ml water, mix well & close the pressure cooker.
– Pressure cook till 4 whistles- (on high heat till the 1st whistle and then on medium low heat for 3 more whistles. Need to take around 15-18 mins).
– [In case you don't have a pressure cooker you can cook this curry in a pan and at this moment cook covered on low heat for 45-60 mins till meat is tender. Stir a few times in between and add water as & when needed.]- Permit the pressure to release on it's own and then get rid of lid & include the fried potatoes. Provide a mix, include 1/4 tsp Garam Masala Powder & a pinch of salt to season.
– Simmer on low heat for 2-3 minutes.
– Serve with rice, roti or naan.
#sundayspecial #comfortfood #aloomuttoncurry #aloogosht #muttoncurry #muttongravy #muttonrecipe #spiceeats #spiceeatsrecipes #spiceeatsmutton.