CRISPY KOREAN CHICKEN LOLLIPOPS
10-12 chicken lollipops
Salt to taste
Squashed black peppercorns to taste
1 tsp mustard powder
2 tsps ginger paste
3/4 cup fine-tuned flour (maida).
1/4 cup corn flour.
1 tsp baking powder.
3-4 tablespoons oil + for deep frying.
2 tbsps carefully sliced garlic.
2 fresh red chillies, finely sliced.
3 tbsps red chilli paste.
2 tsps soy sauce.
2 tbsps oyster sauce.
2 tsps fish sauce.
1/2 cup chicken stock.
1 tablespoon honey.
1 tsp red chilli flakes.
Toasted white sesame seeds for garnish.
Chopped spring onion greens for garnish.
1. Take chicken lollipops in a bowl. Include salt, crushed black peppercorns, mustard powder and ginger paste and blend till each lollipop is well coated with the mix. Reserve to marinade for 30 minutes.
2. Combine together refined flour, corn flour, baking powder, salt and 2 cups water and whisk till a smooth batter is formed.
3. Add the marinaded chicken lollipops into the batter and blend well.
4. Heat adequate oil in a kadai. Slide in the chicken lollipops a couple of at a time and deep fry on high heat till lightly crisp. Set aside for 5 minutes.
5. Heat the oil remaining in the pan on high heat. Carefully slide in the fried chicken lollipops and deep fry once again till golden brown and crisp. Drain on an absorbent paper.
6. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a pan. Include garlic, red chillies and red chilli paste and mix well. Prepare for a few seconds.
7. Add soy sauce, oyster sauce, and fish sauce and blend well. Include salt and crushed black peppercorns and blend well.
8. Add the chicken stock and mix well.
9. Add 1/2 cup water, honey, and red chilli flakes and blend well. Include the fried chicken lollipops and toss till each chicken lollipop is covered with the sauce.
10. Transfer the chicken lollipops on to a serving plate. Garnish with toasted white sesame seeds and spring onion greens. Serve hot.
Click to Subscribe:.
For more dishes:.
To get dishes on your Google or Alexa gadgets, click here:.
Finest prepared in Wonderchef Kitchenware.
Buy Now on:.