Rejuvenating pudina leaves make the basmati rice an intriguing affair when prepared with flavourful spices.
1 1/2 cups fresh mint leaves (pudina), sliced
1 1/2 cups basmati rice, soaked for 20 minutes, and drained
2 tablespoons ghee
2 bay leaves
4-6 green cardamoms
3-4 black cardamoms
8-10 black peppercorns
1 1/2 tablespoons ginger paste
3/4 cup yogurt, whisked
Salt to taste
Fresh mint sprigs for garnish
Roasted papads to serve
Pickle to serve
1. Heat ghee in a thick-bottomed pan. Add bay leaves, green cardamoms, black cardamoms, cloves and black peppercorns and sauté till fragrant. Include ginger paste, blend and cook for 1 minute. Stir in yogurt and cook for two to three minutes.
2. Add salt, mix and continue to prepare for 1-2 minutes.
3. Include 2 1/4 cups of water and give a boil.
4. Drain and include rice. Give a boil. Include sliced fresh mint and mix lightly. Cover the pan and cook on low heat for about 8-10 or till rice is totally cooked. Switch the heat off.
5. Transfer the pulao in a serving plate, garnish with mint sprigs. Serve hot with roasted papads and pickle.
6. Serve hot garnished with the fresh mint sprigs.
Click to Subscribe:
For more recipes:
To get recipes on your Google or Alexa gadgets, click here:
Finest cooked in Wonderchef Kitchenware.
Purchase Now on:
#SanjeevKapoor #pudinapulao #pudinapulav #pulaorecipe #pulaorecipes