King Fish Recipe|Surmai Fish Curry Masala|Vanjaram Fish Recipe|Seer Fish Curry|Surmai Fish Curry|Surmai Fish Curry Recipe|King Fish Curry Recipe|Vanjaram Fish Curry|Fish Gravy Recipe|Fish Curry Recipe
Components for Surmai Fish Curry:
( Tsp- Teaspoon; Tbsp- Tablespoon )
– Fish Steaks – 500 gms (King Mackerel/Surmai/Vanjaram).
For the Masala Paste:.
– Coriander Seeds- 1.5 tsp.
– Cumin Seeds- 1.5 tsp.
– Kashmiri Chillies- 5.
– Black Peppercorns- 8.
– Tamarind Juice/Pulp- 4 tbsp.
– Salt- 1/2 tsp.
– Turmeric Powder- 1/2 tsp.
– Red Chilli Powder- 1 tsp.
– Grated Onion- 2 small (100 gms).
– Green Chillies, slit- 3.
– Ginger Garlic paste- 1.5 tsp.
– Coconut Milk- 1 United States cup procedure.
– Salt- 3/4 tsp.
– Groundnut Oil or any white oil – 3 tbsp.
– Coriander leaves, sliced- 3 tablespoon.
– Take thick steaks/fillets of King Fish/Surmai. Wash and pat dry. Set aside.
– Dry roast the Coriander seeds, Cumin seeds, Black Peppercorns & Kashmiri Chillies in a pan on low heat for 2-3 minutes. Set aside to cool.
– Soak small lemon sized tamarind in water to get pulp/juice. When soaked, get 4 tbsp juice from it. You can use readymade tamarind pulp too but utilize less quantity since that tends to be extremely sour.
– To make the Masala Paste, add the roasted & cooled spices in a mill and grind to a coarse powder. Now include the tamarind pulp and 1/2 tsp salt. Grind it to a smooth paste by adding 3-4 tablespoon water.
– Grate the onions and slit the green chillies.
– Prepare the coconut milk by mixing together coconut pulp with water. Strain the coconut using a cloth or sieve/strainer. You can also utilize readymade coconut milk.
– Heat the groundnut oil in a pan and include the slit green chillies. Give a stir and include the grated onion. Mix and fry on medium heat for around 5-6 mins till onion modifications colour.
– Now include the ginger garlic paste, provide a mix and fry on low heat for 2 minutes.
– Include the Masala paste (made in the grinder) and blend it well.
– Add the turmeric & red chilli powders and fry on medium heat for 4-5 minutes till oil separates.
– Now add 1 cup coconut milk and 200 ml water and provide a mix. Add 3/4 tsp salt. Prepare on low heat for around 2-3 minutes till oil separates.
– Provide a mix and add the King/Surmai fish steaks and offer a mild stir.
– Cover & cook on low heat for around 15 mins.
– Shake the pan gently to blend.
– Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and simmer for around 2 minutes.
– Serve with white rice.
#kingfishrecipe #surmaifishcurry #vanjaramfishcurry #fishcurry #spiceeatsrecipes #spiceeatsfishcurry.