Khao suey is a Burmese dish including a coconut milk-based soup with a range of toppings and components. It is typically served with a side of dressings, such as fried garlic, chili flakes, and lime wedges, which can be contributed to taste. The dish is known for its rich and flavorful broth and its combination of various textures and flavors.
2 cups scraped fresh coconut
2 medium onions
6-8 garlic cloves
2 green chillies
2 tbsps oil
8-10 small cauliflower florets
1 medium carrot, peeled and cut into diamonds
8-10 French beans, stringed and diagonally cut into 2 inch pieces
Salt to taste
1 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp red chilli powder
Black pepper powder to taste
2 tablespoons gram flour
5-6 button mushrooms, heavily sliced
1 tablespoon sugar
100 grams paneer, cut into 1-inch cubes
2-3 dried red chillies
15-20 garlic cloves, sliced
2 medium onions, thinly sliced
Roasted peanuts, peeled and unsalted
Spring onion greens, diagonally sliced
Oil for deep frying
Fresh coriander sprigs
Red chilli flakes
1. In a mixer jar add the scraped coconut, include 1 cup water and mix to a fine paste. Strain the paste through a muslin cloth into a large bowl.
2. To make the thin coconut milk, move the mixture left in the muslin fabric back in the blender container, add 2 cups water and blend once again.
3. Strain the mixed mix through muslin cloth into another bowl.
4. Roughly slice the onions and move them into a mixer jar, add in the garlic cloves, roughly slice the ginger, and contribute to mixer jar. Include green chilies and 1/4 cup water. And mix to fine paste.
5. Heat oil in non-stick deep pan, add in the blended paste, and cook on medium heat till oil separates. While stirring sometimes.
6. Add the cauliflower, carrots and French beans and mix well. Include salt to taste, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and black pepper powder, and mix till well combined.
7. Add the prepared thin coconut milk and blend well, add in the 2 cups water and mix, bring the mix to a boil. Cover and prepare for 6-8 minutes.
8. Add the mushrooms and sugar; mix well and continue to cook till mixture give a boil. Decrease the heat to low and include the prepared thick coconut milk. And give a great mix. Include the paneer and mix and cook for 1-2 minutes.
9. For condiments heat oil in a little non-stick deep pan, include the garlic and deep fry till it become crisp and golden brown. Drain on absorbent pepper.
10. In same pan add the sliced up onions and deep fry till golden brown and crisp. Drain on an absorbent pepper.
11. For serving take boiled noodles in a serving bowl put the ready broth on it, and top with some fried onions, fried garlic, roasted peanuts, red chilli flakes and onion pieces.
12. Garnish with fresh coriander sprigs and lemon wedge; and serve hot.
Click to Subscribe:
For more dishes:
Get Licensed on Sanjeev Kapoor Academy:
To get dishes on your Google or Alexa devices, click on this link:
Best prepared in Wonderchef Kitchenware.
Buy Now on:
#SanjeevKapoor #khaosuey #burmesefood #khowsuey #burmesereipe
sanjeev kapoor sanjeev kapoor dish sanjeev kapoor dishes khana khazana chef sanjeev kapoor khana khazana dishes masterchef sanjeev kapoor indian recipes master chef indian food recipes thepla quesadilla thepla quesadillas quesadilla dish how to make quesadilla how to make quesadillas at home nutralite recipe quesadilla dishes quesadillas vegetarian quesadillas in the house treats snack dish snack dishes indian treats