KATHAL KI BIRYANI
750 grams raw jackfruit (kathal), peeled and cut into 2 inch pieces
1 1/2 cups basmati rice, soaked for thirty minutes and drained pipes
Oil for deep frying
3 tablespoons ghee
1/2 tsp caraway seeds (shahi jeera).
4 green cardamoms.
3 black cardamoms.
2 one-inch cinnamon sticks.
2 onions, sliced.
1 tbsp ginger paste.
1 tbsp garlic paste.
1 tsp turmeric powder.
1 tsp cumin powder.
2 tsps coriander powder.
2 tsps red chilli powder.
3 medium tomatoes, chopped.
Salt to taste.
1 1/2 cups yogurt, blended.
1/2 cup chopped fresh coriander leaves.
2 tbsps saffron milk.
1 tsp garam masala powder.
10-15 fresh mint leaves + for garnish.
1/2 cup fried onions + for garnish.
1/2 tablespoon screw pine (kewra) water.
Raita for serving.
1. Heat adequate oil in a kadai. Move the jackfruit pieces and deep fry till golden brown and crisp. Drain pipes on absorbent paper and set aside.
2. Heat ghee in a nonstick pan. Include caraway seeds, 1 green cardamom, 1 black cardamom, 1 inch cinnamon and sauté till aromatic.
3. Include onions and sauté till they turn golden brown.
4. Add ginger paste, garlic paste and sauté for 30 seconds.
5. Include turmeric powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, red chilli powder and mix well.
6. Include tomatoes, salt and cook for 5-6 minutes on medium heat or till the tomatoes turn soft and pulpy.
7. Add fried jackfruit pieces, yogurt, coriander leaves and blend well. Prepare on medium heat for 5-6 minutes.
8. Boil 6 cups of water in a deep nonstick pan. Add salt, staying green cardamoms, staying black cardamoms, cloves and staying cinnamon stick.
9. Include the drained pipes rice and cook on medium heat for 8-10 minutes.
10. Drain the rice and layer on top of prepared jackfruit mix.
11. Drizzle saffron milk, sprinkle mint leaves, garam masala powder and fried onions.
12. Drizzle screw pine water and ghee on top. Cover with aluminium foil. Location the cover on top.
13. Cook on low heat for 10-15 minutes. Reserve for 10-15 minutes.
14. Transfer on a serving plate, garnish with fried onions, mint leaves and serve hot with raita.
Click to Subscribe:.
For more dishes:.
To get dishes on your Google or Alexa gadgets, click here:.
Finest cooked in Wonderchef Kitchenware.
Purchase Now on:.
#SanjeevKapoor #kathalbiryani #jackfruitbiryani.
sanjeev kapoor, sanjeev kapoor dish, sanjeev kapoor dishes, khana khazana, chef sanjeev kapoor, khana khazana recipes, masterchef sanjeev kapoor, indian recipes, master chef, indian food, recipes, kathal biryani, kathal biryani kaise banaen, kathal ki biryani, kathal ki biryani ki recipe, kathal ki biryani banane ka tarika, jackfruit biryani, jackfruit ki biryani, jackfruit biryani dish, how to make jackfruit biryani, how to make kathal biryani, biryani, biryani recipes.