A deep-fried, lightly spiced bhaji of yet another seasonal vegetable. Suitable and only available in the rains.
1 big bunch of phodshi
Oil for deep frying
1 medium onion, carefully sliced
2 green chillies, carefully chopped
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1/4 tsp carom seeds (ajwain).
Salt to taste.
1 1/2 tsps coriander powder.
1/2 tsp turmeric powder.
1/2 tsp red chilli powder.
1/4 tsp asafoetida (hing).
1/2 tsp cumin powder.
1 cup gram flour (besan).
2 tbsps rice flour.
Tomato ketchup to serve.
Green chutney to serve.
1. Remove the difficult core/stem located in the centre of phodshi, trim the white portion and discard it. Just the green leaves should be utilized.
2. Heat adequate oil in a kadai.
3. Wash the leaves completely with water, drain and pat dry with the assistance of a kitchen towel. Approximately chop the leaves. Transfer in a large bowl. Add onion, green chillies, cumin seeds, carom seeds, salt, coriander powder, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, asafoetida, cumin powder, and mix well while gently mashing the mix.
4. Include gram flour, rice flour, and 1/4 cup water, and mix till well combined.
5. Carefully slide in little portions of the mix into the hot oil and deep fry till golden brown and crisp. Drain on an absorbent paper.
6. Set up the bhaji on a serving plate, serve hot with tomato catsup and green chutney.
Click to Subscribe:.
For more dishes:.
To get dishes on your Google or Alexa devices, click on this link:.
Finest cooked in Wonderchef Kitchenware.
Buy Now on:.
#SanjeevKapoor #phodshichibhaji #phodshi #monsoonrecipes #monsoonvegetable #maharashtrianrecipe.