Active Ingredients for Chicken Curry:
( Tsp-Teaspoon; Tbsp-Tablespoon).
– Chicken – 500 gms. (Legs & Thighs).
– Cloves- 5.
– Cinnamon- 3 little pieces.
– Black Peppercorns- 6-8.
– Dry Red Chillies cut into small pieces- 3 whole.
– Red Onions, sliced- 2 big (100 gms x 2 = 200 gms).
– Turmeric Powder-1/ 2 tsp.
– Red Chilli Powder- 1 tsp.
– Cumin Powder- 1/2 tsp.
Other Active ingredients:.
– Oil- 3 tablespoon.
– Ghee (clarified butter)- 2 tbsp.
– Ginger Garlic paste- 1.5 tsp.
– Salt-1 tsp.
– Slice the onions and set aside.
– Take 3 entire dried red chillies and cut them into pieces to be utilized for tempering.
– Heat oil and ghee in a fry pan and include all the entire spices and sliced red onions.
– Mix and fry on medium high heat for 8-10 minutes till light brown in color. Get half the fried onions onto another plate to be included at the end.
– Now include all the chicken pieces side by side and fry on high heat for 1 minutes. Flip and fry on high heat for 1 minutes on the other side too till the color changes to white.( Overall 2 minutes).
– Now include the ginger garlic paste, give a mix and continue to fry on high to medium high heat for an overall of 5-6 mins on both sides till the chicken is roasted.
– Now include the turmeric, red chilli powders and salt, provide a mix and fry on medium heat for 4-5 minutes till the masala is prepared and chicken is browned.
– Include 200 ml water, provide a mix and cover & cook on low heat for 10 minutes. Remove lid, include the cumin powder and give a mix. Cover & cook for another 5 mins till the chicken is prepared and gravy starts to thicken.
– Now add back the fried onions reserved previously, offer a mix and cover & cook for another 5 minutes. (Spoon the gravy over the chicken pieces to coat the pieces with the gravy and onions.).
– Remove cover, mix and simmer for 2-3 minutes to get the preferred consistency.
#mildchickencurry #chickencurry #lowspicechickenrecipe #chickengravy easychickencurry #spiceeats #spiceeatsrecipes #spiceeatschicken.