Handvo, a mouth-watering cake made from fermented rice flour, lentils and veggies is a preferred Gujarati treat.
1 cup rice, soaked for 30 minutes and drained
1/2 cup split pigeon peas (toovar dal), soaked for thirty minutes and drained pipes
1/4 cup split skinless green gram (dhuli moong dal), soaked for 30 minutes and drained pipes
2 tablespoons split Bengal gram (chana dal), soaked for thirty minutes and drained pipes
2 tbsps divided skinless black gram (dhuli urad dal), soaked for thirty minutes and drained
1/2 cup sour yogurt
Salt to taste
4 tsps sugar
2 tsps red chilli powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 medium carrot, peeled and grated
1/2 cup boiled green peas
3 tablespoons oil + for greasing
2 tsps mustard seeds
A pinch of asafoetida
2 dried red chillies, stemmed
1 bay leaf
1 tsp white sesame seeds
Green chutney for serving
1. Transfer rice in a mill container. Add toovar dal, moong dal, chana dal, urad dal and 1 cup water and grind to a coarse batter.
2. Transfer in a bowl, add yogurt and blend well. Cover with a cover and reserved to ferment for 8-10 hours.
3. Pre-heat the oven at 180ºC.
4. Add salt, sugar, chilli powder and turmeric powder and mix. Include carrot and green peas and blend well.
5. For tempering heat oil in a nonstick pan. Include mustard seeds and once they start to splutter, add asafoetida, dried red chillies, cloves, bay leaf, white sesame seeds and sauté for 30 seconds.
6. Add this tempering to the batter and blend well. Add baking soda and blend well.
7. Transfer the batter in a greased aluminium baking tin and bake in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes.
8. Enable to cool slightly and demould.
9. Cut into squares and serve with green chutney.
Click to Subscribe:
For more dishes:
To get dishes on your Google or Alexa devices, click on this link:
Best prepared in Wonderchef Kitchenware.
Buy Now on:
#SanjeevKapoor #handvo #handvorecipe #gujaratifood #gujaratisnacks
sanjeev kapoor, sanjeev kapoor dish, sanjeev kapoor dishes, khana khazana, chef sanjeev kapoor, khana khazana dishes, masterchef sanjeev kapoor, indian dishes, master chef, indian food, dishes, quick recipes, simple dishes, handvo, handvo recipe, handvo banavani dish, handvo banane rit, handvo kaise banate hain, handvo banane ki vidhi, handvo kaise banaye, handvo kaise banaya jata hai, gujarati handvo recipe, gujarati handvo, gujarati handvo kaise banate hain