Dabeli, is a sweet, tasty and hot Gujrati treat generally made with potato filling. Here is a Jain variation of Dabeli made using raw bananas, still ensuring that the taste is simply the exact same.
4 medium raw bananas, boiled, peeled and mashed
2 tablespoons dabeli masala
2 tbsps oil
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
2 tsps red chilli powder
Salt to taste
2 tsps castor sugar
2 tbsps chopped fresh coriander leaves + to sprinkle
Desiccated coconut to spray
Masala peanuts as needed
Fresh pomegranate pearls to sprinkle + to serve
Date and tamarind chutney for using
Butter for toasting
Sev as needed
1. Heat oil in a non-stick pan. Add dabeli masala, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, and blend well. Add 1/3 cup water and mix. Cook for 1-2 minutes.
2. Include mashed raw banana and mix till well combined.
3. Include salt, castor sugar and coriander leaves and mix well. Transfer the mixture in a broad shallow bowl. Spread it equally, spray desiccated coconut, masala peanuts, coriander leaves and pomegranate pearls.
4. Make slits in the pavs without cutting it through. Use some date and tamarind chutney and stuff it kindly with the dabeli mixture and spread it evenly.
5. Heat some butter in a non-stick tawa. Location the dabelis on it and toast for 2-3 minutes on low-medium heat. Flip and toast the opposite for 2-3 minutes as well.
6. Press the open edges of the dabeli on to some sev. Serve hot with some masala peanuts and pomegranate pearls.
Click to Subscribe:
For more recipes:
To get dishes on your Google or Alexa devices, click on this link:
Finest cooked in Wonderchef Kitchenware.
Purchase Now on: